Sponsored by Arkansas Farm Bureau, Medical Applications of Science for Health, or M*A*S*H, is a free two-week summer enrichment camp that allows high school students to learn more about health career options.
Students partake in team-building exercises, go on local field trips, and attend workshops and shadow healthcare professionals.
Click here for a list of camp locations and dates.
- Students must be in the 10th, 11th, or 12th grade at the time of applying
- Students must have completed one Biology course
- Students must have a GPA of 2.75 or higher
Students that meet the requirements above are selected based on the following:
- Recommendation Letters
- Academic, Athletic or other Achievements and Awards
- Extra-Curricular Activities, Leadership, and Service in school and the community
- An essay describing the student’s desire to attend this program and to pursue a career within healthcare
- CPR Training
- Heart Dissection and Suturing Workshop
- UAMS Little Rock Campus Field Trip