COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement for employment at UAMS and all of our partnering hospitals.
All PGY1 residents are required to attend mandatory orientation June 17 – 30, 2024.
Applications are accepted exclusively through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) program. Information about the ERAS program is available at your dean’s office or through the ECFMG office. The deadline for receipt of the application is December 31.
Residency faculty will review applications and offer interviews to applicants who meet all of the following criteria:
- Passing USMLE Step 1&2/COMLEX 1&2 scores with three attempts or less by ranking deadline
- USMLE/COMLEX transcript
- Medical school transcript
- Dean’s letter (MPSE)
- Three letters of recommendation
- No more than three years out of medical school
- At least one year of supervised clinical experience in a United States healthcare facility within the last two years
- Must have a valid driver’s license (any state)
- Valid ECFMG certificate, if applicable
Our program participates in the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP) and follows the ethical guidelines established by the NRMP in the selection of residents.
The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This program does not offer extracurricular observerships.
This program does not sponsor Visas.
COVID-19 Vaccination is a requirement for employment at UAMS and all of our partnering hospitals.
All PGY 1 residents are required to attend mandatory orientation June 17 – June 30, 2024.