Applications are accepted exclusively through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) program. Information about the ERAS program is available at your dean’s office or through the ECFMG office. The deadline for receipt of application is December 31.
Residency faculty will review applications and offer interviews to applicants who meet all of the following criteria:
- Score of 194+ on USMLE Step 1&2/COMLEX 1&2 with three attempts or less by ranking deadline. Lower scores will accepted only if the applicant has already passed USMLE 3. Multiple attempts to achieve minimum passing scores significantly lowers the applicant’s ranking.
- USMLE/COMLEX transcript
- Medical school transcript
- Dean’s letter (MPSE)
- Three letters of recommendation
- No more than five years out of medical school
- At least one year of supervised clinical experience in a United States health care facility within last two years
- U.S. citizen or a permanent green card holder with valid driver’s license (any state)
- Valid ECFMG certificate, if applicable
- Must be eligible for licensure in the state of Arkansas at the end of the first year of training
Our program participates in the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP) and follows the ethical guidelines established by the NRMP in the selection of residents.
The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- We have no unfilled positions at this time.
- We do not offer extracurricular observerships.
- We do not sponsor Visas.