Our mission is to improve the health of the Delta’s people.
UAMS East Family Medical Center
- We provide the highest quality routine medical care and wellness checks
- Chronic Disease Management
- Illness Management
- Family Medicine
- Well-child visits
- Child and Adult Immunizations
- Behavioral Health Services
- Health Coaching
- Virtual Visits
- Sports Physicals
Wellness and Prevention – Ashley Harden, MPH, Director of Wellness
- UAMS East offers a state-of-the-art fitness center with cardio equipment, strength equipment, and exercise classes
- Silver Sneakers and other senior programs
- Diabetes Management
- Weight Management
- Smoking Cessation
Outreach Activities – Stephanie Loveless, MPH, Outreach Director
- CPR/First AID Classes-American Heart Association certified classes are provided for consumers, businesses and schools as well as healthcare providers.
- Kids for Health-Comprehensive health education program for children in K-6th Students receive weekly health education lessons, in their classrooms, on a variety of topics including nutrition, exercise, and hygiene and drug prevention.
- Worksite Wellness-Partners with local industry to implement on-site wellness activities including developing wellness profiles. Offers local workforce free biometric health screenings, information and counseling. Follow-up with recommendations and referrals are provided.
- Cooking Matters-Partnering with Arkansas Hunger Relief Alliance cooking classes are held for adults, families and children. Cooking Matters courses are designed to teach participants the ability to plan, purchase and prepare foods together that are healthy, delicious and low-cost.
- Health Screenings-Provides health screenings for area organizations, community based organizations and churches in conjunction with health fairs. Also provides information on how to manage various chronic diseases.
- Health Education for Children and Adolescents-Provides comprehensive health education lessons a variety of topics including nutrition, exercise, teen health issues, hygiene and smoking prevention
- Health Education for Adults-Provides health education lessons to adults on a variety of topics. These services are provided at local community based organizations, churches, and senior centers.
- Tobacco Prevention-Provides smoking prevention education to address the hazards of tobacco use to schools and community groups.
- Group Lifestyle Balance-Provides a 16 week comprehensive health and weight loss program. This program offers accountability, structured eating plan, nutrition, education and wellness.