- $1,000 sign-up award for the first 120 enrolled applicants
- Increase marketability as a program participant
- Recognition with a pin and certificate
- Connect with Regional Campuses faculty, residents and rural healthcare leaders
- Limited funding for primary care conferences
- CV/Personal Statement Editing
- Recommendation Letters
During the junior and senior years, students will complete 80 hours of didactic training and 80 hours of team-based clinical/experiential training in rural and/or medically underserved settings. Physician Assistant students can meet the curriculum requirements for AHEC Scholars through the existing UAMS Physician Assistant curriculum and through supplemental didactic and/or experiential opportunities.
This program is designed to give students and experience in primary care, rural medicine or medically underserved populations.
Students are encouraged to apply during the first semester of their first year in the Physician Assistant program. After applying, students will be contacted by a Regional Programs recruiter, who will act as an AHEC Scholars advisor for orientation and program planning.
Please visit the Meet our Recruiters webpage to find your AHEC Scholars advisor.